Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Loss of My Beloved Bird, Chico

I have only had Chico 7 years. He tragically died on Easter Sunday. I thought someone had ripped my insides and heart completely out. I still miss Chico dreadfully. However, I have gotten a new baby cockatiel whose name is Mikko. Mikko means "gift from God" and is Finnish in origin. He is definitely as naughty as Chico. Unfortunately he will never replace the loss of Chico and the piece of my heart that was taken when Chico died. He was a beautiful bird. I had him from the time he was weaned. Chico, I do so miss you! I will never forget all your antics.
Chico playing hide and seek. Now this was a good hiding place. I almost didn't find him.
Chico and Toad, who died in January at the ripe old age of 27, having an argument over who gets to eat the chips!
Chico and Toad having a conference about what they were going to get into that day. How I miss these little guys! Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home