Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Back From Mayo 10/11/05






Well, I am back from the Mayo Clinic. Boy was that a trip. I was only going to be there two weeks and it turned into three weeks and a surgery. On the flip side of that, we got some things figured out. I haven't had to go in for IV infusions, but then that may be only because I have had my blood drawn once sine I have returned instead of having it checked weekly like I am supposed to, but I will correct that this week. It has been somewhat difficult since Cindy and I have been sharing a car while hers is being repaired.

Things seem to be settling down for me, but actually, I think they are only taking a break. I am going to aquatic physical therapy three times a week this month for the herniated disks in my neck. I will eventually have to have them operated on. My neurosugeon is one of the best. He was called in on the Kennedy case when President Kennedy got shot. He is rather old. But, he seems to know his stuff. Instead of fusing my neck, he wants to replace the herniated disks with some sort of new disks they have come out with or are coming out with. I am not sure.

In the meantime, I have decided to go to school online. I am taking an Advanced Placement in Paralegal Studies. Since I already have a Bachelor of Arts in Technical Writing, I don't have to start all over again and will be able to jump into the heart of the course without having to worry about the extraneous stuff. I will start November 14th. Then, it is my dream to continue on to law school. I don't know if I will see that dream fulfilled, but one day at a time.

That is what is going on around here. Enjoy the new pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home